Davidson Sports Properties (DSP) is the multimedia rights holder and sports marketing arm for athletics at Davidson College. In addition to the radio broadcast programming for Davidson College Athletics, DSP has exclusive rights for corporate sales of advertising, event sponsorship, game promotion, signage, publications, athletic trademarks and logos, cross-retail promotions, and overall marketing partnerships.
Expected Work Hours/Timing & Reporting:
• Timing is Fall of 2017.
• Position will be paid and requires attendance at all home football games
• Approximately 6-10 hours per week (including game day Saturdays)
• Candidate needs to have flexibility to work irregular hours; however, DSP will be mindful of candidates work/class schedule as not to interfere
• Individual will report to the DSP General Manger and Coordinator—Business Development
DSP is looking to fill a part time position of a Property Assistant; the individual will assist DSP’s sales and support staff with the activation and execution of partnership accounts, specifically on Davidson Wildcats home Football and Men’s Basketball games. This position reports to the Coordinator – Business Development and will require anywhere from 6-10 hours per week based on event schedule and office needs. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for an entry point into sports marketing and event operation. Preferred candidate will have a passion or background in photography as well.
• Various game day event management (pre-game, in-game, and post-game) responsibilities
• Mandatory to work all six (6) home football games and all Men’s Basketball games.
• Ideal candidate will have a passion and background in photography.
• Assist with executions of promotional and game day activations, including client promotions and corporate hospitality functions
• Work in tandem with the Davidson College marketing and promotions personnel as well as DSP sales staff.
• Assist the Coordinator – Business Development with tracking and implementation of new inventory for the football and basketball seasons (signage, tickets, digital ads, print
• Work with Coordinator – Business Development to manage proof of performance for partnership recaps/year-in-review presentations for all DSP corporate sponsors
• Prior experience with sports organization or event planning/activation is preferred
• Candidate will need to have a means of transportation (CTA, personal vehicle, etc.) to DSP offices in Davidson
• Other critical characteristics include the ability to perform assigned duties with limited supervision; exhibit ability to manage various projects at the same time, communicate effectively, especially in written form; initiate and cultivate relationships; plan, organize and prioritize work; pay attention to detail and maintain a positive attitude
• Knowledge in Excel, Power Point, Photoshop and Outlook is strongly preferred