SME Branding, a Learfield company. Known as the most trusted strategic branding firm in America for higher education, collegiate athletics, professional sports and entertainment, SME specializes in connecting with audiences through powerful brand identity and advertising development. Founded in 1989, the NYC-based agency enjoys a stellar worldwide reputation of creative excellence, thought leadership and client service and is trusted by top brands like Ticketmaster, the New York Yankees, Miami Marlins, Atlanta Braves, the United States Olympic Committee, Kentucky Derby, America’s Cup, Madison Square Garden, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, PAC-12, UFC, NASCAR, ACC, the University of San Francisco, and others.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager who will support the Vice President of Business Development.
Who are you?
You are highly motivated, organized, with a great attention to detail, and can be trusted to make decisions on your own. You are quick to find a way, find an answer, and love to solve problems creatively. You enjoy being challenged and taking on a variety of roles that allow you to develop many skillsets at once. You are a natural leader who understands the value of achieving company goals as it contributes to blazing a trail for your own career path to increased leadership. You have experience that directly applies to the needs for this position to be an excellent communicator, strong writer, relationship-builder, familiarity with marketing and branding, and administrative execution. You have the utmost respect for highly sensitive and confidential client/project information, business development relationships, and sharing information on a need-to-know basis. You value finding the right fit for company culture.
• Manage the VP’s calendar and scheduling of appointments
• Coordinate travel arrangements and conference registrations
• Draft and review emails, proposals, presentations and meeting material
• Prepare, submit, and follow up on RFP responses
• Manage and submit expense reports
• Assist in CRM management and reporting
• Contribute to social media strategy and execution
• Collaborate with executive team including President, VPs, and Directors
• Facilitate in management of direction from executive team to department managers
• General ad-hoc tasks related to business development
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Leadership personality with willingness to learn
• Polished appearance, excellent etiquette, and poised demeanor
• Ease with technology and social media
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Proficiency in InDesign a plus
• Experience with responding to RFPs or related experience in technical, persuasive writing
• Outstanding ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-moving, deadline-driven setting
• Flexible and resourceful working style with the ability to navigate between shifting priorities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of staff, guests, and internal and external contacts
• Proactive approach, strong work ethic, and an eagerness to ‘go the extra mile’
• Excellent attention to detail and quality of work; highly organized
• Team spirited, collaboration with the ability to work with minimal supervision; problem-solver with positive attitude
• High level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information and client projects
• Thriving in a fast-paced environment and strong stress management skills