The Creative Services Department of SME is currently seeking a Designer in New York, NY.
SME is a strategic brand development agency with over 29 years' legacy in building impactful, customized solutions for the world's leading sports and entertainment, college sports and higher education brands. Our client list includes: Major League Baseball Players Association, Churchill Downs/Kentucky Derby, Big South Conference, US Youth Soccer, Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, Manhattan College, Texas A&M University-San Antonio and Purdue University Fort Wayne.
As a Designer, you’ll be an essential part of the brand development process with conceptual, strategic design abilities that turn opportunities into meaningful ideas that create impact for our clients. At SME, a successful Designer will be a highly motivated, organized, forward thinker with great attention to detail and an ability to design around client objectives. You instinctively use research and insights to understand the soul of a brand, formulate your design and bring it to life. You enjoy being challenged and taking on a variety of assignments that allow you to be a creative problem solver and storyteller. This position will report directly to SME’s Associate Creative Director.
Please visit our website, smebranding.com to learn more.
• Ideate and create impactful and memorable visual identities for a dynamic spectrum of clients with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other necessary programs
• Develop design concepts and solutions based on research, insight creative briefs and clients’ business strategies
• Execute all forms of design, visually communicate a compelling story, and craft a brand from identity all the way through to full campaigns, etc.
• Deliver a meticulous level of attention to detail on time and on budget
• Collaborate and coordinate with all disciplines within SME – strategy, client management, business development and production – to fulfill client needs under the direction of Associate Creative Director
• Possess people skills to effectively and persuasively engage with internal senior level management
• Attend and supervise photography, film, and editing sessions in order to complete creative concepts
• Present creative work to clients in conjunction with the SME Team (including pitch presentations)
• Mentor and provide guidance to other members of the agency team particularly junior designers and interns
• Prepare final files for mechanicals based on production/printer/publication specifications
• Display a positive, team-building work attitude
• Work to continually improve the processes within the Creative Department
• Participate in external activities as a source of inspiration and for continued growth
• 3-6 years of agency design experience in multiple media formats; branding agency experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design (or related field)
• Master of Adobe Suite—InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
• Experience with motion graphics and a working knowledge of the web is a plus
• Strong design, verbal, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work under tight timelines and deal with unforeseen situations
• Strong skillset for crafting clear and visually compelling presentations
• Strong creative portfolio that demonstrates strategic thinking, skill, style and experience