This role is one of approximately nine other Business Manager positions serving as the main point of financial contact for various sports property General Managers and/or sports property administrative divisions including the Vice Presidents over those properties/divisions. It is the Business Manager’s job to serve and support these positions and address their various financial and operational needs.
Position reports to the Regional Finance Director, Multi-Media Rights.
• Evaluate business performance and provide monthly financial analysis to General Managers and Vice Presidents.
• Coordinate the creation and implementation of annual budgets.
• Work with various personnel to prepare financial forecast, including an active role in the sponsorship revenue forecasts.
• Complete pro-forma financial analysis on existing properties as well as pro-formas for new properties, working closely with the University Partnership Group (UPG).
• Manage the procurement process of rights fee payments to various Colleges and Universities.
• Prepare and forecast monthly cash flow.
• Review general ledger and balance sheet detail on a regular basis and make appropriate journal entries.
• Assist in the monthly and year-end close process, as well as the annual audit.
• Complete various projects as assigned by senior management.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, Accounting, or closely-related field from an accredited College or University. Masters degree or CPA is a plus.
• Three or more years of relevant experience in working with financial statements, budget and forecast preparation, financial analysis, and general accounting knowledge.
• Advanced level of proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Good organizational, problem-solving, analytical, communication, and relational skills. Also must show initiative and attention to detail and work well in a team environment.
• Strong character and values as well as a strong work ethic
• Natural disposition and desire to serve others
• Genuine interest in learning, understanding and empathizing with the needs of the organization’s leadership and staff
• Demonstrated ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, to be a team leader and - as important - to be a team player