An industry leader for more than four decades, has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others."
Learfield News & Ag has an entry sales position available. The successful candidate will handle advertising sales for the Minneapolis statewide radio network. As a Sales Professional, your primary responsibility will be to handle advertising sales for our networks. Your job duties will include prospecting for new business and upselling existing customer. You will be required to achieve your quota by consistently performing the required monthly activities to build a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Understanding client’s goals, initiatives, and challenges and how or if our network is a fit for their organization.
• Setting short and long-term strategic account direction, aligned with customer needs and goals.
• Accurately forecasting and achieving sales results for both the short and long term that meet company objectives.
• Working as needed with the supporting sales teams.
• Blueprinting and researching all assigned accounts.
• The ideal candidate for this job will have a 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
• 1 or more years of business-to-business outside sales experience preferred.
• Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
• Fundamental understanding of sales skills and techniques.
• Communication, relationship building, customer service, prioritization, self-motivation, and the ability to be coached.
• Ability and willingness to relocate in the upper Midwest.
• This position has a 3-6 training period in Jefferson City Missouri