PLEASE NOTE: This position will likely be located full-time in Minneapolis/St. Paul or Madison, WI following a 3-6 month training period in Jefferson City, MO.
Learfield News & Ag has an entry sales position available. The successful candidate will handle advertising sales for either the Brownfield Ag Network or one of Learfield’s news networks in the Midwest. Learfield offers a competitive compensation plan including base salary, uncapped commissions, an expense allowance and the opportunity to achieve yearly performance based bonuses and incentives.
As a Sales Professional, your primary responsibility will be to handle advertising sales for our networks. Your job duties will include prospecting for new business and upselling existing customer. You will be required to achieve your quota by consistently performing the required monthly activities to build a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities. You will also be responsible for:
• Understanding client’s goals, initiatives, and challenges and how or if our network is a fit for their organization.
• Setting short and long-term strategic account direction, aligned with customer needs and goals.
• Accurately forecasting and achieving sales results for both the short and long term that meet company objectives.
• Working as needed with the supporting sales teams.
• Blueprinting and researching all assigned accounts.
• The ideal candidate for this job will have a 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
• 1 or more years of business-to-business outside sales experience preferred.
• Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
• Fundamental understanding of sales skills and techniques.
• Communication, relationship building, customer service, prioritization, self-motivation, and the ability to be coached.
• Ability and willingness to relocate in the upper Midwest.
• This position has a 3-6 training period in Jefferson City Missouri for quick ramp up.