An industry leader for more than four decades, has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for nearly 250 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas, and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield IMG College Directors’ Cup.
Learfield IMG College also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; branding, licensing and trademark consulting; digital and social platform expertise; campus-wide business and sponsorship development; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.
Our people-friendly culture is a hallmark of our style and approach to business and is rooted in values demonstrating intentional and active care for other people. The company and its employees strive each day to live by the company's value statement: “build the team, grow the company, have fun, love and serve others."
Tulane Sports Properties is Learfield IMG College’s local, dedicated entity representing Tulane University. In complete collaboration with the university, this team is committed to extending the affinity of the Tulane brand to businesses and corporations of all sizes looking to align with the undeniably loyal and passionate collegiate sports fan base.
As exclusive multimedia rights holder for Tulane University, Tulane Sports Properties manages all aspects of the rights relationship. Providing corporate partners with traditional, digital and other non-traditional media opportunities to bolster their own brand and garner maximum exposure through inventory such as venue signage; digital engagement including social media, the official athletics website, content, digital gaming and retargeting, event sponsorships and promotion; corporate hospitality; television and radio game broadcasts and coaches’ shows.
Specifically, the job responsibilities for the assigned seasons/sports include:
- Play-by-play of games (includes live pregame and postgame duties)
- Host Coaches Audio show(s)
- Weekly interviews with coaches and players to be used on Audio as well as “new media”
- Daily reports to be utilized over the Audio network as well as “new media”
- Commercial production as needed (with a premium placed on utilizing his voice)
- Feature production as needed for pre-game
- Assist the Network Manager (or directly manage) with coordinating responsibilities of the on-site Audio crew based on weekly production planning
- Assistance with sales (“ride-along” with sellers on sales calls by request)
- Assist in the coordination of efforts between Audio, TV, and new media teams at the property
- MC work for the property as requested by the athletic department
- Writing a weekly or daily article for property publications or new media “blog” as requested
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting sales team with events (as available and requested)
- Assisting property with events (as available ad requested)
- Planning and pre-production work (as available and requested)
- Manage production of weekly call-in show
- Secure guest(s) for every show not co-hosted by head football or basketball coach from the property
- Insure thorough research and preparation, clearance of ideas, and/or facts relating to relevant and/or controversial issues
- Supervise on site broadcast production
- Comply with budget. Assists VP, Audio Division and GM, Property in formulation of annual budget projections.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations, laws and ordinances, as well as Learfield IMG policies while fulfilling duties.
- Works with the property Athletic Department to help strengthen the relationship between the University and Learfield IMG College by initiating and sustaining relationships with the Directors for Development, Marketing, Media Relations, Alumni Club and all head coaches.
- Represents Learfield IMG College as a spokesperson and property Learfield IMG College Sports Network as its Audio voice at banquets, public appearances, etc.
- Works with the Learfield IMG College Sales staff (under the supervision of the property General Manager) to assist with sales calls, research, creative audio/video/print sales material, etc.
- Assists in the planning, development and implementation of other Learfield IMG College broadcast properties.
- Works to foster positive employee relations and team work by: following and supporting Learfield IMG College policies and procedures; communicating effectively with all operating units; complying with all federal, state, and local regulations, laws, and ordinances in discharging duties, and
assisting in the internal training and development programs of Learfield IMG College.
- Provides such additional services as requested
• 5 years radio play-by-play experience (please include a link to your audio samples on your resume)
• 5 years radio production experience
• High School diploma required; continued education/degree in communications, broadcasting, or other applicable field preferred